Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Don't Be Silent

**UPDATED**
Well color me embarrassed, the story I linked to ended up not being real. The mother entered a mental health facility and has admitted to being a liar.

I saw a link pop up on my twitter feed over and over again this morning, I was busy and ignored it at first, but when I read a friend's comments I decided to read it. I don't know Katie and until today, I had never read her blog, but this post made me sick to my stomach. If you haven't read her post please do now.

My oldest son has always loved all things pink, sparkly, and princesses (though in the last few years his interests have shifted). He wore a pink lanyard at Disney and only collected princess pins, he carried wands, and had a little mermaid doll. We never stifled or censored him. There were many times I would have been where this mother was. Luckily no one ever dared to go this far with me, lucky for THEM because I would have gone batshit.

The balls for that ignorant ass to TOUCH her child?! I can't even wrap my mind around it. But what he said after was terrifying, heartbreaking, and enraging all at once. Unfortunately, there are assholes in the world, we have to hope they are few and far between. What gets me is that NOT A SINGLE person stepped up. No one.

We can not allow this to happen. Don't stand by when you see things like this. We can't be complacent. Please for the love of God, don't be silent.

No comments: